Thursday, January 30, 2014

Shrimp Salad Filled Fillo Cups

I'm working on my grocery list for shopping tomorrow and am thinking what do I need for snacking food for the Super Bowl. It should come as no surprise, I have bacon on the list.  I'm using my last box of mini fillo shells for shrimp salad with bacon.  They are super easy and great because it has bacon!  Will share a couple of my favorite appetizers between now and Super Bowl Sunday in case you need to add something to your shopping list.

Shrimp Salad Filled Fillo Cups


1 cup cooked small shrimp
2 slices of chopped bacon
1 tbs. lemon juice
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup mayonnaise
Pinch of Kosher salt and pepper
1 (15-count) package mini fillo shells
1 stalk of celery (optional)

I use small frozen shrimp so steam it in a tablespoon of lemon juice in the microwave for a minute.  Chop it up.  Chop the bacon. Chop up your celery.

Stir together the mayonnaise, shrimp, bacon, celery (This is optional but I like the crunch of the celery. I put it in my egg salad and tuna salad for the crunch also. You could replace it with chives or green onion if you want color or leave out entirely) and Worcestershire sauce. Taste before seasoning. Add seasoning with salt and pepper (You can add additional seasonings like onion powder, garlic powder or hot sauce). I'm keeping it simple with just a small pinch of salt and pepper. With bacon and Worcestershire sauce you should need very little salt and maybe just a pinch of pepper. Mix well and spoon into the fillo shells.

Very little work involved.  I like that.



Serve at room temperature.

Have a super day, be happy and may God Bless you and yours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment