Saturday, December 24, 2011

Not You

Yesterday I spent the day with my foster son of 6 years.  He is living in a group home because he is not capable of living without assistance.  Visiting him is very good for me for many reasons but each time I come away I am awed at the fact that he never complains about anything.  Of all the people I have met in my life time, he has more reason to complain than anyone else.  I won't go into his life, but just want to point out that those who have more right than the rest of us seldom are complainers.  My mother lives with chronic pain daily, but she never complains.  I think we might all vent now and then, but I take my lesson from Donny and Mom.  No one wants to hear my complaints, so I will keep them to myself and smile and try to make their day a little better.

Let others complain about their life, but not you.  Be happy and God bless you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment