Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Oven Buffalo Wings


Super Bowl LII is coming up February 4, 2018.  Here is my recipe for easy Buffalo wings you can make in the oven that are great for snacking on during the game or anytime.  I tried them on my boys last night and they loved them.  I had an 8 pound bag and only baked up 4 pounds.  I should have done two trays and doubled the recipe.  They would have eaten more.

½ tsp. cayenne pepper
½ tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. salt of your choice
¼ tsp. pepper

4 lbs. (about 25) chicken wings

Sauce:
½ cup butter
½ cup hot sauce of your choice.  I used Tapatio but I also love Louisiana Hot Sauce
¼ cup ketchup
¼ cup maple syrup

Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, parchment or silt pad.

Place your thawed chicken wings on pan and dry with a paper towel on both sides.  Sprinkle each side of wings with the cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.

Preheat your oven to 425°.

Bake your seasoned wings until they are fully baked, browned and crispy. About 45 minutes to an hour depending on the size.  After 30 minutes turn the wings over and brown on the other side.

Melt your butter and add your hot sauce, syrup and ketchup in a pan whisking it together. 
My mother was the extension queen.  Feeding 8 kids required her often having to extend a recipe by adding something to make it go further.  I extended the sauce by adding ketchup and syrup.  You can double the recipe and not use the ketchup and syrup if you like.  I think it cut a little of the heat.  If you like heat, just double it.

Dip your wings into the sauce and put back on your sheet.  Turn down your oven to 200° and put back in the warm oven to keep warm until served. You can put in the refrigerator and reheat them also.

Serve with Ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing for dipping along with celery sticks.

Variation:
You can add any seasoning you like.  Use chili powder or paprika for extra color and flavor.

Don’t limit yourself to wings.  You can do breasts, thighs, or legs. 

If you season and dip breasts, try cutting them into bite size pieces and topping a green salad with your bite sized pieces for a Buffalo salad.  Serve it with a blue cheese dressing.

You can also do boneless by using a breast and slicing them into strips and Buffalo strips. 
You can play with the sauce like I mentioned above.  I like sweet with my heat.  You can replace the syrup with brown sugar or honey and leave it out if you don’t like the sweet.  

I just sprinkled the wings individually with the salt and spices.  You can add them all to a large baggie and shake it to coat them more evenly.   

Share any ideas you may have.  As always, you have my permission to share any of my postings because it is all about sharing.  

Have a great day and blessings to you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment