Thursday, April 3, 2014

White Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have had a bag of white chocolate chips since Christmas and thought I better use them up.  They are the cheap store brand that was on sale and I used them in this new recipe I have never tried before.  I will be trying it again in the future.  It is goosing up the regular chocolate chip recipe into a chocolate cookie and adding white chips.  It is as good as a chocolate chip cookie.  Still very moist and chewy ewy good.


2 ¼ cups flour
3 semi sweet Baker’s chocolate squares
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
¾ cup sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350° F.

Melt you butter and chocolate together on low or over a double boiler.

Combine flour, melted chocolate and butter, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat your sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Drop by heaping teaspoon onto ungreased baking sheets covered with parchment paper or a Siltpat.  It made 4 dozen for me.

Bake for 10 minutes.  Do not over bake them.  10 minutes is just right in my oven. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.  I store them in baggies to keep them moist.

Going to be a rainy day here so thought I’d do some baking and perfume the house with the smell of goodies.  Hope you have a great day.   

No comments:

Post a Comment